Friday, August 10, 2007

Animal Series


"Deer in Flight"
This has been my favorite print so far. I used a combination of real plants and paper to create it. I hand drew the deer design. I created many different versions of it. Some have typography or sheet music overlaid on top. This was done using a gum arabic transfer method.




"Sitting Bear"
I added real plant life to this collagraph.
I also created this in purple and sepia.


"Robin Song"
This is a collagraph I created by first sketching a design
then cutting out the paper shapes.
I also created this in a burnt yellow color.


"Snowshoe"
This is a collagraph also made with paper cut outs.


"Horse Concerto"
The horse is an etching. The sheet music was a second run done with gum arabic.

"Quail"
I added cedar leaves to this collagraph.
The rest is a paper design.




No comments: